During the Arco iris start-up process, the Board voted in favor of a mandatory school dress code. The founders wanted the best for their children; high academic standards, global citizenship and a safe, learning environment for every student. Research has shown that schools requiring school uniforms increase safety by identifying trespassers, reduce social, and economic status by promoting equality, and improve academic performance by increasing students’ attention toward their studies.
Arco Iris respects and honors all religious beliefs. If your religion dictates a certain type of dress please contact our school administration. We will gladly accommodate your student.
Students attending Arco Iris are required to wear the appropriate dress code except when notified of school sponsored non-uniform days.
- Solid red, white, or navy polo-type shirts or mid-thigh length polo dresses.
- Solid red, white, or gray undershirts are allowed (under a polo-type shirt) – short or long sleeved or turtlenecks.
- No logos, images, or visible brands except for the AI logo.
- Solid navy blue or khaki colored pants/trousers, mid-thigh length shorts, and mid-thigh length skirts, skorts, jumpers, and kilts.
- Solid red, white, navy, or gray leggings may be worn under uniform.
- No sweatpants or denim unless otherwise indicated on a non-uniform
Shoes and Socks
- Students should wear shoes that are appropriate and comfortable for daily play We recommend closed toed shoes with socks.
- No crocs, flip flops, or open toed shoes at any time
- No hats or head scarves to be worn in class unless otherwise noted or approved by the office
Sweatshirts, Fleece, or Sweaters
- Students may wear solid red, navy, white, or gray layers over their uniforms during class and outside with no logos, images, or visible brands except for the AI logo.
- There are no restrictions on outerwear at this An extra set of hats and gloves may be left in your student’s cubby.
- Please label your student’s extra clothing
Spirit Wear Days
On Spirit Wear days, students can wear Arco Iris spirit gear with their uniform bottoms or denim pants. Parents, please guide students when selecting jeans.
We ask our wonderful families to donate clean, unstained and outgrown dress code clothing to the Uniform Exchange at the school. Please feel free to look here for uniform clothing for your students. We also use this exchange for changes of clothes for the kids who need one during the school day. www.primary.com/school/acroiris