Arco Iris offers one section of each middle school grade (6,7,8). If your currently enrolled 5th grader chooses to stay at Arco Iris for middle school, he/she must participate in a lottery to secure a spot.
Lottery Procedures: Arco Iris School will follow established procedures for Arco Iris School lotteries according to the order of priority listed below. Per the Oregon Department of Education, twins/multiples must be treated individually. Each student will be provided a unique lottery number, should a lottery be needed as part of enrollment. Twins/multiples may not switch or otherwise swap their assigned lottery number.
Returning students have the highest priority for admittance for the following school year. If there are more returning students than spots available, the students will be sorted into the groups identified in established procedures (listed below). A lottery will be held when there are more students from any group than spots available.
- Returning students who are children of the current school staff
- Returning students with siblings currently enrolled in the school. If there are more such applicants than there are spaces available, the applicants will be sorted into two subcategories:
- siblings who are residents of the District
- siblings who are nonresident students
- Returning students with no siblings currently enrolled in the school. If there are more such applicants than there are spaces available, the applicants will be sorted into two subcategories:
- non-siblings who are residents of the District
- non-siblings who are nonresident students