Volunteer Opportunity - Art Literacy!
We Believe Art Literacy
- Teaches students to THINK CREATIVELY and PROBLEM SOLVE, both which will help PREPARE THEM FOR THE FUTURE.
- Helps students FORM MENTAL IMAGES – an ability chemists, engineers, architects, designers and inventors use to THINK UP NEW IDEAS.
- CELEBRATES MANY PERSPECTIVES. Students learn there are many ways to see and interpret the world. Problems can have more than one solution and questions can have more than one answer.
- It is so much more than what you see!
Become an Art Literacy Volunteer for your child’s class today!
Being an Art Literacy Volunteer takes about 3-4 hours for each lesson. All 6 lessons are ready for you. All you need to do is:
- Come to a daytime training meeting before each new artist lesson.
- Present the lesson to a classroom and do a hands-on art project.
- All materials provided! Or come and just help the day of the art project.
- Classroom times are scheduled well in advance so you can plan your calendar.
Dates to be aware of for Art Lit:
Artist: Joan Miró
Friday, Oct.6, 2017, 2pm in Buenas Tardes · Prep/Training
Monday, Oct 16 - Wednesday, Nov. 8
Wednesday, Nov 8, 2017, time TBA · Prep/Training
Monday, Nov 13 - Wednesday, Dec 20
Artist: Henri Rousseau
Friday, Jan 12, 2018, time TBA · Prep/Training
Tuesday, Jan 16 - Friday, Feb 9
Artist: Jacques-Louis David
Friday, Feb 9, time TBA · Prep/Training
Monday, Feb 12 - Friday, March 2
Artist: Faith Ringgold
Friday, April 6, time TBA · Prep/Training
Monday, April 9 - Friday, May 4
Artist: Peter Carl Fabergé
Friday, May 4, time TBA · Prep/Training
Monday, May 7 - Friday, June 8
ART LIT Coordinators: Leticia Christopherson, Rachel Bonilla, Nicole Greenspan and Chrissy Fuchs