Volunteer Opportunity - Art Literacy!
We Believe Art Literacy
- Teaches students to THINK CREATIVELY and PROBLEM SOLVE, both which will help PREPARE THEM FOR THE FUTURE.
- Helps students FORM MENTAL IMAGES – an ability chemists, engineers, architects, designers and inventors use to THINK UP NEW IDEAS.
- CELEBRATES MANY PERSPECTIVES. Students learn there are many ways to see and interpret the world. Problems can have more than one solution and questions can have more than one answer.
- It is so much more than what you see!
Become an Art Literacy Volunteer for your child’s class today!
Being an Art Literacy Volunteer takes about 3-4 hours for each lesson. All 6 lessons are ready for you. All you need to do is:
- Come to a daytime training meeting before each new artist lesson.
- Present the lesson to a classroom and do a hands-on art project.
- All materials provided! Or come and just help the day of the art project.
- Classroom times are scheduled well in advance so you can plan your calendar.
Dates to be aware of for Art Lit:
Artist: Paul Gauguin
October 1st - 5th, 2018
Artist: Frank Stella
November 5th - 16th, 2018
Artist: JMW Turner
January 14th - 18th, 2019
Artist: Ansel Adams
February 11th - 15th, 2019
Artist: Mary Cassatt
April 8th - 12th, 2019
Artist: Mexican Folk Art
May 6th - 10th, 2019
ART LIT Coordinators: Sara McKinney, Ashley Ulmer and Deborah Darlington